Monday, November 21, 2011

Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters

1.  Wow.  We've had a busy past few weeks!  Last weekend on the 12th our church hosted a church-wide rummage sale (and bake sale) on our behalf.  Our church is so awesome!!  Although all week long the weatherman said it was going to rain, it didn't and the weather was beautiful.  Thank you, Lord.  We are so grateful and thankful for our church's support and encouragement.  We had lots of stuff that was donated, including yummy baked treats, and lots of help.  Thank you so much HVBC!!! 

2.  This weekend, Dean's sis and her hubby had a garage sale at their house to raise funds to contribute to our adoption funds.  Wow!  We again are humbled at the love poured out to us.  I heard they had a good turn out and a busy day.  Thank you sis and bro-in-law!!  You guys are awesome and we can't thank you enough!!!

 

3.  My sis-in-law also is a rep for Thirty-One.  Ever heard of it? Here's their website thirty-one gifts .  I love their items!!   They have really cute bags, totes, purses, you-name-it, and they host parties at your home - always with a great monthly special.  So she recently had a party at a dear friend's house will all proceeds helping towards our adoption fund!  A huge thank you to my sis and to all her friends who helped contribute!  You're the best and we thank you for blessing us!!!

3.  I received my little goodie from my friend Melissa, who is my Friends of Adoption buddy.  It's so cute and very handy as I am always making lists and lacking something to write them on.  (No good to make lists on little pieces of paper or receipts that end up getting lost in the bottom of your purse, right?)  Check out what she sent to me....(Thanks Melissa!)

 

4.  My friend Melissa also makes super cute snack keepers as a way to raise funds for her adoption.  Look at the one she made for me...



I LOVE it!!!  What a great conversation starter about adoption when I bring goodies to an event.  Melissa did a wonderful job and is very creative.  And I of course had to use it right away!  If you would like one too, here's a link - Our Heart for Adoption Blog. 

5.  I just love my (not-so-little-anymore) brother.  He just turned 16 last month and he is in ice hockey and football.  He is such a great brother.  I miss him since we don't live in the same state anymore.  I feel so sad when we visit and it's time to leave.  Here's him in action:



 6.  Here is a random thought...we helped at a food bank over the weekend and they were frying up lots of turkeys for the huge community meal that they were preparing.  Never had fried turkey but wow - it smelled soooo yummy!  And I'm thankful that they guy I saw cooking them did not get hurt when some huge flames flew up the sides of the pot as he slid a new turkey in.  Yikes that looks dangerous. 

7.  In all the busyness of the holiday season, and the pushing of stores to get us to shop earlier and earlier, don't forget to take time to enjoy and count the the many blessings you have.  You might not realize how many you have until you stop and take a moment to count them.... 

like Miscellany Monday? check out Carissa's site....lowercase letters

No comments:

Post a Comment