1. This coming Sunday, November 6th is officially Orphan Sunday. Here's a link for more info... http://orphansunday.org/. The idea is sweeping across to other countries and they even have a Ukraine/Russia Orphan Sunday Campaign to bring awareness to those countries. How cool is that?
2. I read a great book called Adopt Without Debt by Julie Gumm and thought it was great. It gave a lot of great ideas for fundraising and tackling the financial aspect of adoption. Check it out!
3. I'm not a big Halloween fan, but I made these cookies for my nephews (ages 5 and 3) who are coming over tonight. I found the idea on the Better Homes and Gardens website (not sure how I ended up there....) but I thought the boys would think "monster cookies" are cool -- and my father-in-law probably will too. :O)
4. Hands down the best italian beef sandwich ever is Portillo's, and I had the rare chance to devour one last week. (Rare because we no longer live anywhere near a Portillos.) It was sooooo yummy!!! I'd include a picture of it if I knew how to get the picture off of my phone. (I was trying to snap the shot quickly so as not to embarass my family too much by taking a picture of my food before eating it.)
5. One of my favorite organizations is Children's HopeChest. I had heard about the organization's CEO, Tom Davis, and his books Fields of the Fatherless and Red Letters from a gal that we met at an adoption seminar a couple years ago. I read Fields of the Fatherless and it was great! I then found out about the organization that Tom is involved with called Children's HopeChest, which is an organization that helps orphans in Eastern-Europe and Africa.
like Miscellany Monday? check out Carissa's site....lowercase letters


No comments:
Post a Comment